It’s Friday…thank god. What a week. By the time this rant hits the net, I’m guessing Canada Post will be on strike; be still my beating heart. I’m hoping while they’re all out on the picket line the government brings in a delivery service that is as fast as our trusty postal service. That being said, I wonder if there’s a delivery service that’s slower than Canada Post, the pony express maybe? It’d be close…
From time to time my Uncle John sends me some pretty cool e-mails. I liked this one so well I thought I’d share it with all of you. It’s a letter to good old King Stephen Harper.
Dear Mr. Harper
Please find below my suggestion for fixing Canada’s economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to banks and car companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan;
There are about 2 million people over 50 in the workforce. Pay them 1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations;
1. They must retire. 2 million job openings- Unemployment fixed.
2. They must buy a new canadian car- Auto industry fixed.
3. They must either buy a new house or pay off their mortgage- Housing crisis fixed
4. They must send their kids to school/college/university- Crime rate fixed
5. Buy 50 dollars of tobacco/alcohol/petrol per week- There’s your money back in taxes, can’t get any easier than that.
Ordinary Joe Canadian
P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances.
Have a great weekend everyone!